Friday, May 30, 2008

Home Improvement

Thanks to my good friend Molly, I have been bitten by the home improvement bug! She had told me about this amazing vinyl flooring that is virtually indestructible and looks like wood. Not only that, but it only cost 98 cents a square foot and all you need is a utility knife to install it! Too good to be true right? Wrong! I had opportunity to be at her house twice this last weekend to see it for myself and it looked so good! The thing about Molly is that she never has only one project going at a time so her house is always inspiring to visit! I noticed her backsplash in her kitchen and she told me how easy it was (just messy!)to install, so off I went to Lowe's. That is the story of my spur of the moment kitchen transformation. If you want to check out Molly's blog it is http://bloggingmollyr.blogspot.com/



This is the best "before" picture that I could find that you can see the floor, cabinets and wall.
It feels like a whole new kitchen!
We are still working on the floor. We plan to do the entire downstairs that is currently linoleum.I absolutely love the new backsplash. I am actually kind of proud of myself for doing it! The hardware on the cabinets make a huge difference too.

2 comments:

Cassady's said...

WOW!! It looks awesome, I can't believe you did all that...Joe did help too right?

Jean said...

Looks good:) Once you start, you can't stop!!!